Are You An Alcoholic? An Alcohol Use Disorder Assessment For Philadelphia
What Does It Mean To Have An Alcohol Use Disorder?
Alcoholism is a persistent condition where a person shows behaviors of problem alcohol consumptions that impede their day-to-day life. The severity of alcohol use can differ, ranging from light to severe addiction, and can impact a person's mental and physical health, work or education, and relationships.
What Are A Few Indicators Of Alcohol Use Disorder?
Those with an alcohol use disorder could wrestle with:
- Alcohol cravings
- Little or no control over their use
- Drinking leading to dangerous situations
- Mental or physical health issues related to alcohol use
- Inconsistent school or work performance caused by alcohol
- Relationship problems stemming from alcohol use
Can Alcohol Use Disorder Be Cured?
Alcoholism can’t be cured in the familiar sense, but professional treatment can teach you to manage the reasons for alcohol use and help you stay sober.
NOTE:This self-assessment is not a substitute for a clinical evaluation.